Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
US Sail Basic Level 1 Course A (Jeff) - Sundays 9am - 3pm (Nov 4/18/25, Dec 2/9/16)
Sunday, November 4, 2018, 9:00 AM until Sunday, December 16, 2018, 3:00 PM
Marianas Yacht Club
Basic Level 1 Sailing Course
is required before November 2, 2018
Registration closes on November 2nd- to secure your spot, please be sure your registration is fully paid by this date.
Notice of cancellation must be made by cancellation cutoff date 11/2/2018 before 5:00 pm to receive a full refund. There will be no refund after this.
There will be no refunds after the first class unless you are medically unable to participate in which case a prorated refund will be issued once a note from your physician is provided.
US Sailing Basic Level 1 Course A is held on Sundays from 9:00am-3:00 pm.
Class Dates: November 4,18,25, December 2, 9, 16. The class will be taught primarily on Lasers. If you have any questions, please contact the coordinator Elisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some of the details for you or anyone interested in learning how to sail:
Class size: Limited to 8, so please register NOW to lock in your slot.
The lessons include the boat rental, learning materials, and gear for each day.
What to bring:
- each student must provide own appropriately sized PFD (Personal Flotation Device). Please mark PFD with student's name.
- closed toes shoes (soft soled and able to get wet). No open-toed sandals are allowed while sailing.
- rash guard (sun protective clothing)
- plenty of water
- cash for the snack-bar (Sundays noon-6: 00 pm).
- notebook and writing utensils
- sunglasses (and croakies- strap to keep sunglasses from falling off)
- bug spray
- high energy snacks
Directions coming from Hagatna driving towards the Naval base:
- While on Marine Corps Drive turn right after passing the Veterans Cemetery, there is a sign for Atlantis Submarine Tours at the turnoff.
- Continue halfway down the long road taking the first left turn down the gravel driveway. There is a sailboat on the lawn next to the driveway.
- The MYC is at the end of the palm tree-lined road.